Hurricane Harvey Resources
- Decontaminating Flooded Wells ( En Español )
- Disinfecting Water After a Disaster ( En Español )
- Disinfecting Water Wells by Shock Chlorination ( En Español )
- List of Accredited Laboratories available for Microbial Testing
- Texas Laboratories Certified for Drinking Water Testing
- Texas Local Public Health Organizations
- How to Disinfect a Private Well System ( En Español, ក្នុងភាសាខ្មែរ )
Water Well Screenings
Residents can pick up a free water sampling test kit from their local AgriLife Extension office or other designated location, but must be able to return the sample to their local office from 8-11 a.m. on the designated collection date.
Instructions are included with the kits and only one sample kit will be provided per household. There are a limited number of kits, and they will be distributed as soon as possible from AgriLife Extension offices.
Samples will be processed at Texas A&M University in College Station. AgriLife Extension office addresses for pickup, kit availability and collection dates are:
Collection on Feb. 6 are:
- Chambers County, 295 White Memorial Park Drive, Anahuac.
- Hardin County, 440 W. Monroe St., Kountze.
- Orange County, 11745 Farm-to-Market Road 1442, Orange.
Collection Feb 14:
Collection Feb 15:
- Jefferson County, 1225 Pearl Street, Suite #200, Beaumont